It took me a month, but I finally finished my Saturday Market Skirt, and I really love it. One would think that the cutting would be the time consuming part, but gathering and arranging each tier took me a few hours, I would guess, if I were to add up my bits of time. Making sure like fabrics and colors were not stacked on top of each other nearly drove me mad a couple times! But it’s done, and yay!, it is super comfy, and cute (if I do say so myself), and it fits me perfectly.
I made a medium, and followed the instructions exactly, except I added a half inch to the waist pieces for a bit more ease. My measurements are 27.5” and 37.5”, for anyone trying to determine what size to make. It would have fit without the extra room, but I may have had to tug a bit over my hips. I also made a facing instead of using interfacing, because I didn’t have enough and didn’t get to the store. I did use interfacing to stabilize the button holes.
I could seriously wear this every day. Seriously. I’m hoping I’ll have time to make another before summer is gone. Though, I suppose I should make one for Bridger-Boo before I get too greedy with my sewing time. I’m thinking lots of pinks and greens and blues from Sandi’s fabrics.
Thank you, Sandi Henderson, for your generosity!